8.19.2007

there is no typical day in my life.

hum. what to blog. a fresh white blank page. i have so much to say sometimes i can't get my thoughts worked out enough to make a paragraph that stays on topic. so i'll try.

it's getting late and i'm moving tomorrow. i'm excited to see what lies ahead, but sad too because i know people in my neighborhood. just the other day some of the small kids yelled out to me 'auntie margaret' and i thought to myself, oh i'll miss this moving to yet another new place. i have stayed at the sims for a year and two months. for my track record in the past 11 years that's a LONG time to live in one place. is that sad that i move so much? counting this move i think i've moved 18 times in 11 years. am i running from something? suzanne, if you're reading this don't be too scared!

but then i think this is part of how i'm created. i never stay still. i love to go and i think as long as i'm not trying to run away from something it's part of living a single, always changing life. hum. maybe i'll chew on my moving a little more and see if i come up with any deep thoughts :)

today i took a three hour nap, not on purpose. i took some sudafed and usually that stuff wires me so i can't sleep but apparently taken during the day it makes me very sleepy, so i'll never go to sleep tongiht which means tomorrow i might be a little cranky :)

this past week i attended a workshop called sharpening your interpersonal skills and it was great. there were about 25 of us. the main difference from this workshop and others i've been too is that it was multi-cultural. i loved it. what we as americans value as showing love is different than that of the dutch or nigerian or ghanaian. and we talked about how we are to build a biblical kingdom using skills like confrontation, conflict management, relationship builders and killers and problem solving without letting our culture creep in in ways that aren't biblical ...this is very hard to do and i've realized how God's grace allows people from other cultures to build meaningful relationships when there's so many things to learn about each other.

it was a great time of meeting new people and making some great connections with others in ministry. i met one couple who have a documentary production house and i'm going to visit them next week to share ideas! how fabulous is our networking God!

speaking of God it's sunday and i've let busyness get in my way of having some intimate quiet time with my Lord. so i think i'll cut this blog short. i'm moving tomorrow and we don't have internet, so if i can't respond quickly to you....at least you know why :)

oh and keep praying for the marriage video i'm working on right now. we meet tomorrow night to look at footage and continue scripting out the video.

m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

08.19.07

Margaret,

I found a link to your blog from another site. I've been reading some of your posts on and off this weekend and I am amazed at the work God's doing through you. I'm so proud to know you. I wish you well and only the best.

Take care,

Richard Shirey
Madison Central Bands
Madison, MS

wmrichardshirey@yahoo.com