8.05.2007

not much. just settling back in.

i'm home in ghana. going back to america was fun. that's a really boring adjective, but really it was full of seeing old friends and catching up either over food or spending the night. it was full of seeing and being with family, including a week long camping trip to tombigbee national park. i say camping (having air conditioning, tv and a microwave in a movable box shaped thing called a camper) so --- let me clear up any confusion I WAS NOT ROUGHING IT! :) although i did sleep on an air mattress several nights! it was worth it to get to wake up with my five year old nephew crawling into my 'air matress' bed at 6am on july 27th to sing me happy birthday. he did this all by himself because NO ONE else was awake at that time. i really can't believe he remembered. that definetly makes it into the memories folder.

so what does life look like in ghana right now? at this very moment i'm working on a video for a marriage confrence. actually i could spend my entire life on itunes.you know when you open the home page and it has the 'just for you' section. based on past purchases it lists musicians you might be interested in. one of my favorite genres for the past couple of years is folk. so tonight i found colbie caillat. the thing is how cool is it that someone has written software that keeps up to date with what you like. i mean wow. i don't even know all the names of bands i like, but itunes 'just for you' does. i know this sounds a tetch lame, but if itunes can figure out what we like and would be the best musical choice for us, why is it so hard to believe there's Someone who can help us choose the best in every area. and if we believe that this Being knows everything and has our best interest at heart, why is it hard to put full trust and/or hear his leading? maybe it's because we just want to listen to a 30 second trial before committing to purchase? just a random thought. anyway.

i'm getting ready to move into a new place. i'm moving in with suzanne a missionary with SIM. not sure when the move will take place, hopefully this thursday! we shall see!

my camera broke before i went to the states and i got my new one the last week, so i've only got a few pics from america. Ry- if you read this i'm adding pics of my fam playing canasta!!! For those who aren't in the know about Canasta it's pretty much an old persons card game that i learned at the ripe age of five. I had to have a chair beside me because my hands weren't big enough to hold the wod of cards you accumulate unitl you can "lay down." If you desire more info about canasta... you'll have to google it, or ask me and i'll play with ya!

that's it for my first blog back in Ghana.
m

No comments: