8.16.2006

august 16th update

branching out- ghana, west africa Let's see where to begin. Last week was full of editing. I blogged Wednesday about struggling with final cut pro and I think I've figured out it's editing using my external hard drive...but anyway. We'll figure that out! I spent Thursday, Friday and this Monday finishing the project, but praises...that one's finished. Yeah! I think Nicole and Kirk sent the dvd's out to their family today...so hopefully their relatives can enjoy seeing their grandbabies! I know i miss my nephew and it's only been a couple months. Their families haven't seen the grandbabies in a year I think. Also, pray for Gifty and Eli, they came down with some kind of sickness Saturday and are still not 100% yet. So needless to say Saturday and Sunday were pretty quite days around here. I can't remember when but Tatum and I also ran around town sometime this week. I think it was Monday? Uh oh..everything's running together. I'm going to have to start journaling better! So as far as ministry goes.... I called about volunteering at an orphanage today and am going to talk to the lady Friday and just keep praying about wether that's where God wants me...I start langauge training hopeufully on the 21st. I talked to my language teacher today and she's calling tomorrow to firm up a schedule. Nicole and I have been walking in the mornings and that's been really neat. We get some stares, I'm not sure if that's just because we're white women walking or what it is :)! We took a foot road today, one that doesn't really have car traffic on it, and there were many Muslims living and walking in that area. It reminds me constantly of the fact that there are many many people here who worship faithfully, but don't know Jesus. So be in prayer for the muslim communities here. I also, as you can see from the picture below have sawed the moldy bed in two and have realized there's A LOT of mold on the inside. So I'm back to square one with finding a bed and somewhere to store my clothes. I've been here since June 26, almost two months, still living out of a suitcase, but then i think of the blessing it was to have kind of bee being prepared for this the past three years. Never really settling long enough to unpack...seems to be a famaliar story in my life :) But all is well here, and HUGE praises I'm feeling a TON better. Thanks for the prayers on the sickness ... I can feel them. Don't have a whole lot to report. Still praying about what to get involved with...I'm excited about language training....de e yea (sleep well) margaret

No comments: